This is the perfect gift for any plant collector looking to complete their collection of philodendron or pothos plants, or for someone who is looking to add some live house plants into their tank setup!
Live houseplants can act as natural filtration in an aquarium and can help keep nitrate levels down and reduce algae. One can easily grow houseplants out of their aquarium by either placing them in a hang-on-the-back filter or by tangling their roots directly in the water (you can learn more in our Guide To Growing House Plants In An Aquarium blog post). Over time it will grow long, stringy roots that can act as cover for fish or fry to hide in.
In addition, growing live houseplants out of an aquarium is a perfect solution for tanks with plant-hating / plant-destroying fish such as Oscar Cichlids, Mbuna Cichlids, or Goldfish.
Current Plant List:
- Baltic Blue Pothos / Epipremnum Pinnatum
- Cebu Blue Pothos / Epipremnum Pinnatum
- Global Green Pothos
- Golden Pothos
- Manjulas Pothos
- Marble Queen Pothos
- Neon Pothos
- N'Joy Pothos
- Pearls and Jade Pothos
- Philodendron Brasil
- Philodendron Golden Goddess
- Philodendron Micans
- Philodendron Neon / Philodendron hederaceum "Lemon Lime"
- Scindapsus Trebuii Moonlight / Sterling Silver Pothos
- Scindapsus Argyraeus / Silver Satin Pothos
- Scindapsus Pictus "Exotica"