Global Green Pothos is a rare variation of Pothos that has bright green leaves with lime green variegation typically in the center of its leaves. Like other pothos varieties, it is extremely hardy and doesn't require any special lighting to grow. Pothos (Epipremnum aureum) plants are very popular houseplants that are nicknamed “devil’s ivy” because of their extreme hardiness.
It acts as natural filtration that helps keep nitrate levels down and can help reduce algae by either placing it in a hang-on-the-back filter or by tangling its roots directly in the water. Over time it will grow long, stringy roots that can act as cover for fish or fry to hide in.
- Care: Easy
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Lighting requirements: Low-Moderate (They will survive in pretty much any lighting conditions, but more direct sunlight promotes faster growth)
- Temperature: 65-85F
- Humidity: Moderate (Can tolerate low humidity but higher humidity will promote better growth)
- Water: When the top 1 inch of soil feels dry to the touch
- Soil: Well-draining
- Propagation: Rhizome clippings
- Pet-Friendly: No, Pothos is toxic to cats and dogs if ingested