Scindapsus Pictus "Exotica", also commonly known as "Silver Satin Pothos", "Philodendron Silver", or simply "Scindapsus Exotica", is a beautiful trailing houseplant with large, velvet-like heart-shaped green leaves with silvery-white speckles and splashes for variegation. It is one of many cultivars of Scindapsus Pictus which shows more intense variegation than other cultivars, with its silvery variegation covering anywhere from 60-90% of its leaves.
It's a relatively easy plant to care for and is a great addition to any plant lover's collection! It will also do well in a large terrarium or paludarium environment, and can be planted in a hang-on-the-back filter.
- Care: Easy
- Growth rate: Moderate-Fast
- Lighting requirements: bright, indirect sunlight
- Temperature: 60-95F
- Humidity: Moderate (Can tolerate low humidity but higher humidity will promote better growth)
- Water: When the top 1 inch of soil feels dry to the touch
- Soil: Well-draining
- Propagation: Rhizome cuttings
- Pet-Friendly: No, this plant is toxic to cats and dogs if ingested