Stromanthe Triostar, also known as Tricolor Prayer plant, Tricolor Calathea, or Magenta Triostar, is a beautiful plant that has pointed green leaves that are splashed with pale green, cream, and pink on the top and a deep magenta pink underneath. It originates from Brazil, and similar to Marantas, Calatheas, and other members of the Prayer Plant family, the Stromanthe Triostar will naturally fold up its leaves at night, resembling hands folded in prayer. It is a great addition to any plant lover's collection! Stromanthe Triostar can be sensitive to the chemicals found in most tap water, so we recommend using filtered water or tap water that has been left to sit overnight to allow chlorine and fluoride to evaporate.
NOTE: The plants will ship without the 6" pot and soil!
- Care: Easy
- Growth rate: Moderate-Fast
- Lighting requirements: bright, indirect sunlight
- Temperature: 65-80F
- Humidity: Moderate-High (will thrive more in a more humid environment)
- Water: When the top 1 inch of soil feels dry to the touch
- Soil: Well-draining
- Propagation: Dividing the plant. shoots from the mother plant
- Pet-Friendly: Yes!