The String of Bananas Plant (Senecio radicans) is a beautiful trailing succulent that is a close relative of the popular String of Pearls Succulent Plant. Like String of Pearls, it is native to South West Africa. It has round banana-shaped leaves that store water for the plant, making it more drought-resistant. They grow fine with minimal watering, and overwatering should be greatly avoided to prevent your plant from rotting.
- Care: Easy
- Growth rate: Slow
- Lighting requirements: Medium to Bright, Indirect Sunlight. Can be grown in Direct Sunlight as well.
- Temperature: 65-85F
- Humidity: Moderate (Can also tolerate Low Humidity)
- Water: Allow soil to dry out 50% between each watering. Water them sparingly and avoid having the soil get too soggy.
- Soil: Well-Draining, Succulent/Cactus Mix
- Propagation: Stem Cuttings
- Pet-Friendly: No, can be toxic if ingested by Dogs or Cats