Aluminum Plant (Pilea cadierei) is an easy plant with silver-splashed leaves that originates from China and Vietnam. It's generally an easy grower and is a great beginner plant. It can be propagated and grown easily in hang-on-the-back filters, or the land section of a paludarium. It also does well in terrariums as it prefers higher humidity levels.
NOTE: Each portion is 2-3 well-rooted stems, around 4" or more.
- Care: Easy
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Lighting requirements: Medium-High (It may tolerate low light conditions but it to lose its variegation)
- Temperature: 65-75F
- Humidity: Moderate-High (higher humidity will promote better growth)
- Water: When the top one inches of soil feels dry to the touch. Soil should be moist but not damp.
- Soil: Well-draining
- Propagation: Stem trimmings, easily roots in water
- Pet-Friendly: No, is toxic to cats and dogs if ingested