Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Red" is a common and popular plant, perfect for beginners. It thrives in a wide range of water conditions, and will do well even in low-lighting.
The appearance of the plant will partially depend on these conditions:
Low levels of light and nutrients will produce a relatively tall, greenish-brown plant of slow growth. Higher levels of light and nutrition, combined with added CO2, will make the plant grow considerably faster producing shorter leaves of a reddish-brown color.
Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Red"
- Care: easy
- Co2: not required
- Growth rate: slow-moderate
- Placement: foreground-midground
- Lighting requirements: low-moderate
- Color: green, brown, red
- Propagation: cuttings from the mother plant
- Max size: 6 inches
- Preferred Fertilizer: Root Tabs