Carnivorous plants are plants that derive some or most of their nutrients (but not energy, which they derive from photosynthesis) from trapping and consuming animals or protozoans, typically insects and other arthropods. They have adapted to grow in places where the soil is thin or poor in nutrients, especially nitrogen, such as bogs and other nutrient-poor habitats. They do well in Terrarium or Palaudarium style aquariums, and are pretty much immune to being "overwatered", due to the environments that they have adapted to grow in. It is recommended that they be kept in sphagnum moss and are well-watered with either rain, R/O, or distilled water as they do better in nutrient-poor conditions. You can read more about their care here!
Our Assorted Carnivorous Plants range from Venus Fly Traps to Sundews, to various kinds of Pitcher Plants and other types of Carnivorous Plants depending on what our supplier sends us. They will come in a 2-inch plastic pot with sphagnum moss and can be easily replanted into a bigger pot.
NOTE: You may request a preference for a certain species and we will do our best to accommodate your preference, but you will ultimately receive an assortment that is to our own discretion, dependent on what we have available.
Assorted Carnivorous Plant in 2" Pot
- Use In: Terrarium or the "land" parts of a Palaudarium
- Watering: Keep the substrate wet all of the time. Yes, it loves swamp-like conditions!
- Light: medium-high indirect light
- Humidity: It prefers more humid conditions
- Soil: Sphagnum Moss or any other type of moss
- Temperature: Room temperature or anything slightly warmer
- Fertilizer: None is needed